NOJA Power Ranks in AFR’s Most Innovative Companies
Australian Switchgear Manufacturer NOJA Power is today honoured with a high ranking in the annual Australian Financial Review’s (AFR’s) “Most Innovative Companies” event. Awarded the 13th position overall, NOJA Power was the highest-ranking representative of the energy industry in the Australia Pacific region. NOJA Power’s innovative new product, the VISI-SWITCH® was the core innovation under scrutiny, as it was evaluated for merit against other innovations from a distinguished and accomplished list of the top innovative businesses in the Australia Pacific Region.
NOJA Power’s VISI-SWITCH® product provides a new, safe method for Load Break Switching of the medium voltage distribution network, whilst removing the need for environmentally damaging SF6 gas that is typically used in this class of equipment1.
“NOJA Power is proud to be recognised as one of the most innovative companies in Australia,” reports NOJA Power Group Managing Director Neil O’Sullivan. “The comprehensive review including staff surveys by AFR will help us to continue to create an innovative environment for our staff to thrive which in turn delivers innovative products and services to our customers.”
Released online today, the top 100 list will be published in the Australian Financial Review. NOJA Power is joined in the top 100 by an illustrious group of companies, including Xero, Deloitte, DuluxGroup and the Commonwealth Bank of Australia.
The AFR’s Most Innovative Companies’ submissions are judged by a panel of industry experts and leaders from a diverse range of backgrounds. In 2018, the panel consisted of:
- Dr Amantha Imber, founder, Inventium;
- Michael Bailey, editor, The Australian Financial Review;
- Janine Allis, founder, Boost Juice Bars;
- James O'Loghlin, author and radio presenter;
- Dr Catriona Wallace, founder and CEO, Flamingo;
- Kate Mills, CEO, Financial Executives Institutes of Australia;
- Mehool H Sanghrajka, founder and CEO, Learning Possibilities Limited;
- Phil Hayes-St Clair, senior vice president Business Development, inkl;
- Steve Annear, vice president of operations, Somnio Global;
- Dominique Fisher, co-founder and CEO, Paddl Co.;
- Dominic Price, head of R&D and work futurist, Atlassian;
- Andy Lark, chief marketer and chairman, Group Lark;
- Simon Griffiths, co-founder and CEO, Who Gives a Crap;
- Stuart Elliot, CEO, Planet Group.
For more information, visit www.nojapower.com.au.
For full list of AFR’s Most Innovative Companies, visit https://www.afr.com.
1 SF6 Gas is 23,900 times more potent as a Greenhouse Gas than Carbon Dioxide. It also leaves a highly toxic residue when exposed to electrical arcing.