• Part of the NOJA’s multidisciplinary Engineering Team
• Challenging work in a stimulating environment
• Permanent full time position
NOJA Power manufactures and supplies globally a range of microprocessor based, intelligent voltage switchgear providing; control, measurement and communication capabilities.
We are seeking a Mechanical Engineer with 5-10 years’ experience in the mechanical design of mass produced products/assemblies. The successful applicant will enjoy being part of an organization taking Australian technology to the world, and will have the following qualifications and experience:
• Tertiary qualifications; Mechanical Engineering or similar;
• Experience in:
o Mechanical design of mass produced products/assemblies
o Design of production jigs & fixtures.
o Provision of technical support to production, quality and other departments
o 3D CAD modelling environment, preferably CREO
• Teamwork and communication skills; collaborative approach
Your key responsibilities will include:
Reporting to the Production Engineering Manager, you will be part of a team whose role it is to upgrade existing products and industrialise new products. To succeed in this you will need to perform the following tasks:
• Design improvements and upgrades to medium voltage switchgear, from concept to production implementation, including
o Work with other departments to identify opportunities for improvement
o Create project plans, product specifications, test plans and reports
o Create concepts, models, drawings, prototypes and conduct and/or oversee testing
o Conduct technical reviews & assessments, and make recommendations.
• Mechanical design of production line systems for switchgear, including
o Custom jigs and fixtures
o Workstation design
o Materials handling solutions, including customised conveyors, monorails etc.
• Coordinate your work closely within the team of Mechanical, Process, Mechatronics, and Electronic, and Electrical Engineers and Technicians. Provide guidance to Engineering students participating in NOJA Powers Engineering Cadet Program.
• Implement, comply with and enforce NOJA Power quality, environmental and workplace health and safety procedures.
Salary will be commensurate with your experience. This is your opportunity to excel and challenge yourself. Apply today!